Indicator full name: Malignant neoplasm of ovary, per 100 000 population, females (age-standardized death rate)
Unit: deaths per 100 000
- Age group (AGE_GRP_LIST)
- Country/Area (COUNTRY/AREA)
- Supranational group of countries (COUNTRY_GRP)
- Sex (SEX)
- Subnational country codes for HFA-MDB (SUBNATIONAL_MDB)
- Year of measure (YEAR)
Years data is available: 1979—2020
Last updated: 02 September 2022
- WHO European Region
- Members of the European Union
- Members of the EU before May 2004 (EU15)
- Members of the EU after May 2004 (EU13)
- Commonwealth of Independent States
- Central Asian Republics Information Network members (CARINFONET)
- South-eastern Europe Health Network members (SEEHN)
- Nordic countries
- Small countries
European mortality database allows age- and sex-specific analysis of mortality trends by broad disease-groups, as well as dis-aggregated to 67 specific causes of death. Data reach back to 1980.
ICD-9 codes: 183
ICD-10 codes: C56
ICD-10 Mortality Condensed list 1: 1039
EUROSTAT list of 65 causes: 20
SDR is the age-standardized death rate calculated using the direct method and standard European population structure.
CDR is the crude death rate calculated as a simple ratio: number of registered deaths/ mid-year population (per 100000).
Mortality rates have been calculated by the WHO Regional Office for Europe using the data on deaths by cause/age/sex and mid-year population by age/sex, annually reported to WHO by European Member States. It should be noted that Mortality rates for some countries may be biased due to the under-registration of death cases, particularly in the central Asian republics, the Caucasus countries and some countries in the Balkans region (seenotes on data availability and quality under menu item Help).