Indicator full name: % population with access to sewage system, septic tank or other hygienic means of sewage disposal, rural
- Country (COUNTRY)
- Supranational group of countries (COUNTRY_GRP)
- Sex (SEX)
- Year of measure (YEAR)
Years data is available: 1990—2015
Last updated: 17 October 2019
- San Marino
- WHO European Region
- Members of the European Union
- Members of the EU before May 2004 (EU15)
- Members of the EU after May 2004 (EU13)
- Commonwealth of Independent States
- Central Asian Republics Information Network members (CARINFONET)
- South-eastern Europe Health Network members (SEEHN)
- Nordic countries
- Small countries
The following abbreviations are used in the indicator titles:
Indicator code: E200109.T This indicator shares the definition with the parent indicator \"% population with access to sewage system, septic tank or other hygienic means of sewage disposal\".
Data taken from WHO/UNICEF Joint Monitoring Programme on Water Supply and Sanitation publication \"Progress on sanitation and drinking-water – 2010 Update\", available from http://www.who.int/water_sanitation_health/en/.
Data refers to “percentage of population with improved sanitation facilities”.
Note: Every time a new WHO/UNICEF Joint Monitoring Programme on Water Supply and Sanitation report comes out, it supersedes all previous reports and the data contained therein. Hence the new time series is the most accurate and updated one and they should not be mixed with the previous ones.